Women’s Medical Services in Katy & West Houston
GreatCare OBGYN is proud to offer comprehensive women’s medical care for all gynecological and obstetrical conditions through every stage of life. Dr. Andrews has a unique ability to relate to her patients while providing teen health, wellness, pregnancy care, infertility, and menopausal support.
Dr. Andrews believes in empowering women by educating them about their health care options and is devoted to her patients in the Greater West Houston area, including Katy, Cypress, Richmond, Fulshear, Sealy and many more.
Click on the various terms below to learn more about the services, conditions and treatments provided.
Major & Minor Gynecologic Surgeries & Procedures
Dr. Andrews can perform hysterectomies in several different ways, which provides flexibility in choosing an approach that is safe and appropriate to each woman’s specific needs. For instance, options include traditional abdominal hysterectomies, vaginal hysterectomies with repair of prolapse, laparoscopic hysterectomies, and daVinci robotic hysterectomies.
- da Vinci® Surgery ~ Robotic
- Acessa Fibroid treatments
- Endometrial Ablation
- Dilation & Curettage – D&C
- Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure – LEEP
Women’s Health Care in Houston
Dr. Andrews can help guide you through any service or procedure, while making sure that you are completely comfortable.
Schedule your check-up at our Houston OBGYN practice today.
- Well Woman Visit
- Cervical Cancer Screening (Pap Smears)
- Premenstrual Syndrome – PMS
- Screening for Breast Issues – Mammograms
- Fibrocystic Breast Changes
- Urinary Tract Infections – UTI
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- HPV – Human Papilliomavirus
- Pelvic Pain
- Pain During Intercourse
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Uterine Fibroids
- Dysmenorrhea: Painful Periods
- Pelvic Support Problems
- Uterine Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Ovarian Cyst
- Polycystic Ovary Disease
- Pelvic Inflammatory Diseases – PID
- Menopausal Bleeding
- Birth Control Pills
- Sterilization for Women & Men
- Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARC) – Intrauterine Device (IUD)
- Implants, Injections, Rings & Patches – Contraception
- Ultrasounds – Our office offers the convenience of in-office ultrasounds for Obstetrical and Gynecologic patients. This allows ease of scheduling for our patients and allows the physicians to review images without the need for waiting for reports or images from another facility.
- Nutritional Counseling – Our office offers the convenience of a licensed and registered Dietician to work with our Obstetrical and Gynecologic patients on their nutritional needs and address any health issues or concerns by our Physicians as well as patients.
Obstetrics in Houston
Having a baby is a very special event, especially with the comfort of knowing you are in good hands. We’re here to answer your questions, to help you understand the changes your body will be going through, and to prepare for and know what to expect during pregnancy and at delivery.
Our office offers the convenience of in-office Ultrasounds, 3D Ultrasounds and Gender Scans for our obstetrical patients. This allows ease of scheduling and allows Dr. Andrews to review images without the need to wait for reports or images from another facility. Patients can learn the gender of their baby at the 16th week, and Dr. Andrews can screen for abnormal anatomy and provide 3D imaging of the baby at 28 to 30 weeks.
- Preconception Planning – English
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- The Rh Factor & Pregnancy
- Repeated Miscarriage
- Stages of Pregnancy
- Preterm Labor
- Bleeding During Pregnancy
- How to Tell When Labor Begins
- Labor Induction
- Cesarean Birth
- Travel During Pregnancy
- Diabetes & Pregnancy
- Ultrasound During Pregnancy
- Routine Tests in Pregnancy
- Genetic Disorders
- Preeclampsia & High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy
- Tobacco, Alcohol, Drugs & Pregnancy
- Breastfeeding Your Baby
- Postpartum Depression
- A Fathers Guide to Pregnancy
- Newborn Circumcision
- 3D Ultrasounds & Gender Scans ~ 3D Ultrasounds & Gender Scans are considered an elective scan not covered by insurance and do not meet medical necessity, therefore any charge for these types of scans are the sole responsibility of the patient and will need to be scheduled and paid for in advance of services performed.
- Due Date Calculator ~ How does the calculator work? This due date calculator is based on the fact that the average human pregnancy lasts about 280 days from the last menstrual period (LMP). Remember that this due date is only an approximation. Most women will deliver around this date. Another simple way of calculating your due date is by adding 7 days to your LMP and then subtracting 3 months.